Friday, October 14, 2022

Cheekwood Mansion Visit 10/14/2022

I was early to Nashville, TN, before checking into my hotel and heading to the Ghostbusters in Concert event.  Though I had prepared to visit on Saturday 10/15, I instead chose to visit the Charles Addams Exhibit at Cheekwood Mansion on Friday 10/14.  Before I post those images, I wanted to share this about the beautiful mansion which is now an art gallery and botanic gardens.

Built in 1929, Cheekwood was the residence of the creator of Maxwell House Coffee, Leslie Cheek, Sr, and Mable Wood Cheek.  In 1957, Cheekwood was left to the public as a museum of art and botanic gardens.  The first floor now represents a museum to show fancy living in the 1930s, and the second floor is the art gallery.

So much more to see than in these images, so make sure you go!
























No comments:

Post a Comment