The bookshelves, books, and props came from Temu. The secret: add to your cart and let it sit. You'll get good discounts.
I pieced together the backdrop from photos of the Rose Reading Room of the NYPL, but at the bottom I put together a bookshelf to give it some dimensionality.
The left wall is the stairwell going up to the second floor from the lobby. In it, you'll see Ruth Oliver's portrait on the statue/bust, a painting of the librarian Eleanor Twitty from the video game, the Memphis Ghostbusters ad on the desk, behind which stands the founder of the library, John Jacob Astor.
The right wall features the card catalog that I built from a photo on the internet, and the second level balcony of the reading room. The cards flying out are from a screenshot of the movie and added to this.
The floor is pieced together from a photo of red tile.
Eventually, there will be floating books and more added to the display. I'll post those photos when they are ready.








No comments:
Post a Comment