Monday, September 7, 2026

Building Muppet Labs (Muppet Show Version)

One of the greatest toy lines ever was the Palisades Toys Muppets action figures series.  It was thrilling to have action figures that match the integrity of the puppets for a change.  Such beautiful sculptures with which one could play.






Photos found Online

When they made Muppet Labs with Beaker, it resembled more of the Disney theme parks' MuppetVision 3D (which ceased in 2025).  I always teased that it was the "dark lab" where the even MORE secret stuff would be created!  This alone has so much playability that it is a marvel of playset joy!!

 

But, I always wanted the playset of the actual TV show.  So, I decided while creating this paper diorama stuff I would also create the labs of my dreams.  After a LOT of work to mimic what was on TV between those 5 seasons, I created what I felt would work perfectly.

And it did!

Of the things I've made this year, this is the biggest!  

I didn't know what building was in the window of the labs on TV, so I used Rhodes College from Memphis.  I did mimic the tiles of the "dark labs" playset for the tiles here, and it works great.  Also, They used both a round clock and a square clock over time, so I used both here.

Again, I enjoy how airy and spacious the place looks, and it's only about 12" tall in the back!

















No comments:

Post a Comment