Saturday, November 10, 2018

Sunny Days - A fan comic strip by Me.

I've wanted to do this for years: create a comic strip around Sesame Street where all things Jim Henson converge on the street and participate with one another.  I've wanted to do it forever and, so, after much discussion, have decided to just do it.

Of course, my Muley the Mule and Friends comic strips will remain on their own website.  I will also say that without this show, the Muppets, and a love for Charles Schulz' Peanuts, I probably would never have been inspired to create!

Now, I'll include some older art, etc., but definitely wanted to start this post with the most recent (and what I'll call the official first) Sunny Days comic strip.

Click to see all images larger.

A little side-note: when possible, I'll be sampling the colors from actual photographs to keep the characters closer to their original counterparts.  Even some props I hope to sample colors from that, and background colors from set images.  So, you should feel more at home when reading the strips.

They will likely be few and far between; but, it will help get some of my need to go there in person (and meet Big Bird which is my life-long dream!  Get me there somehow, folks!)

Hope these are fun for you.  They are for me!

Earlier on, I wanted to do "Sunny Days" under a different title, which I chose not to do now:












A now famous photo by Lin Workman and myself, taken with
the help of Martheus and Janet Wade!


No comments:

Post a Comment